Sunday, May 10, 2015

Day 2 - All Day Sightseeing and Shopping

Today, we went sightseeing all over Tokyo. We visited Asakusa, Akihabara, Harajuku, and Shibuya. We had a lot of fun. We traveled from Harajuku to Shibuya by train. In Asakusa, we saw a temple and many shops. In Akihabara, we visited a 5 story high arcade. We also saw an anime store, and a bunch of vending machines everywhere. In Harajuku, we ate lunch.  We also shopped in a store named Daiso, where almost everything in there cost one hundred yen. I spent about 1620 yen there on snacks. The last location that we visited was Shibuya. In Shibuya, there were so many people there, that I got lost for 5 minutes in a crosswalk. Well, it sure felt like 5 minutes. Lol

When we were riding in our tour bus, it almost felt as if I was in heaven. The cool AC blowing in my face, and the opportunity to sit down and enjoy the beautiful scenery of Tokyo was heavenly. In the crowded shopping areas, I had fun navigating around congested areas, trying to find faster ways to get to certain shops. Eating lunch with my friends at 711 and spending only 500 yen would make you think that we were poor, but we had more important things to do than waiting in a long line at a lunch stand. When we arrived in Shibuya, I went to a store called the Loft, which is basically the Ikea of Japan. This store had pencils, clothing, furniture... you name it, and they had it. I bought 2 pencils for my mom that ended up costing 1500 yen. (Yes, I paid more for pencils than for my own meal, but I figured that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity, not to mention, it was for my mom. :)

By Jakob Kimura and Justin Holmberg
Mr Holmberg, Ms Yamato, Muraki Sensei, Mr Miyamura, Ms Osumi
Statue of the famous dog, Hachi in the back
The Gang in Asakusa

3 comments:

  1. I love The Loft too! Glad to hear you guys are doing well! I'm enjoying see your pictures. Good job Mr. Kimura with the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your mom will be happy with the pencils! Glad you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Loft is AWESOME!! (Don't know if you will make it to Tokyu Hands, but that's another cool store too! It's like the Loft.)

    How sweet of you to buy pencils for your mom - I'm sure she'll like it!

    Great pics, Mr. Kimura! You all look like you're having a great time! ;) Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete