Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Homestay Reflection

Homestay was so much fun! My host family was super nice and generous.  On the first night of homestay, we had a dinner party at the Shohakuen Hotel.  At dinner, we performed our hula, ate bunches of food and talked story with each other. When dinner was over, my host family and I went to a gas station and bought some drinks and our Space World tickets for the next day. Once we reached their house, I showered and went right to sleep.

The next day I woke up early and got ready for a long, fun day at Space World. Once I was ready and packed, we left the house at 9:00 and went to Mojiku Station. We got on a train to Space World and arrived at around 10:30. At Space World we ran into many other familiar faces and met up with many of the Keiai and Hongwanji students. We explored Space World in our big group going from ride to ride.  It was so much fun! Once we were done with the first half of the rides, we all decided to sit down and have lunch at KFC. When we finished eating, we hung out for a little while and started riding more rides. My favorite was Venus.

After Space World, we all walked across the street to Aeon Mall and looked around. Once it was time to get back to my homestay host's house, we left, said our goodbyes, and rode a train back to Kokura (where she lived).  For dinner we had temaki sushi. My host family set up a DIY sushi bar with various sashimi, vegetables, and other sushi fillings.

Once I was all stuffed and full, they took me to a bookstore to buy various mechanical pencils and pens. Next, we went to a supermarket to buy a bucket load of snacks and goodies. After we got back, I took a shower and crashed out. We had such a long day, I was so tired.

The next morning, I woke up at 6:30 and got ready for school. Before we left for school, they gave me Omiyage filled with many snacks and Japanese souvenirs. We left the house at 7:45 and got to Keiai Middle School at 7:55. On our last day with them, we went to their homeroom and did attendance. We then went into a classroom and made curry with them. It was really fun and delicious. Once we were done with our meal, we said our goodbyes and thank yous, and before we knew it, we were gone.

I had so much fun with my homestay family, they treated me so well. I hope to see them again.

By Amber Tomihama

Dinner
Karissa,Tevan,Cole,Jakob,Emily,Amber


Haley, Jocey, Margaux, Amber, Karissa, Kai



Lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment